When you live in one of the most innovative and creative cities in the world, there's a couple of modern essentials you'd think we have. I'm here to clarify this, and let ya'll know we missing a ____ up in here'.
- An Ice-maker: Who would of thought that in 2013 having an ice-maker would be a luxury. Well, in SF we have to settle for still buying ice trays.
- Dishwasher: Some apartments have dishwashers but it's rare. I have one, however, Landlord tells me it will never be connected (that wasn't part of my signed contract) so now it just holds all my sweaters like Sarah Jessica Parkers did in SITC.
- Parking Space: If you have your own parking space and don't pay 300 a month for it, you're living the dream.
- Washer & Dryer: When I first move to the city I thought "man people are always on the go here --with their suitcases." I later found out that many SF dwellers use their luggage to transport their dirty clothes to the laundry mat.
- Pet Friendly place: You can still find a few apartments here and there that except "a cat", but my guess is that since many of the older victorians have original hardwood floors, landlords are not kind to pets.
In conclusion, if you can find all of the above under 2,500 a month, within city limits....it's probably a fake ad, beware.